Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Accountability Wednesday: I'm Doing WHAT?!

For the last 36 years, I've had a life motto: I don't run. Period. I've always said it was because running is bad for you, hurts your knees, and I've known people who have actually DIED running. I don't want any part of that!

But the truth is that I was scared. Scared that it would hurt, that it would send my back into spasms. Well folks, Hell has finally frozen over. By the time you read this, I will be on Week 2 of the Couch to 5K program.  And believe it or not, I'm kind of enjoying it.  I look forward to my running days.  Keep in mind I'm only running 90 second stretches at this point, but it's been a lot easier than I expected, and I feel GREAT afterwards.

Why did I start running?  Partly because having a goal like running a 5K motivates me, but mostly because that scale is just not moving and I need to do more in my fitness.  Because its so hot here this summer we joined the Y, which is only about 10 minutes from my house.  There is an indoor track, a pool and a weight area, so I've been doing some weight training as well.

No real report on my activity this week because my FitBit died, but they are replacing it for me.  Just know I ran/walked 3 times last week, plus three bike/treadmill 15 minute warmups before a little weight training.

Weight: 145.6 (+2 lbs)

**Just a note: there won't be a post on Friday.  I have to get caught up taking layout photos.**

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...