Thursday, March 1, 2012

We interrupt your regularly scheduled vacation layouts...


I know you are probably tired of seeing layouts of Prague and Budapest.  I've only got 1200 more photos to scrap from that vacation!  I do have a post planned on how I tackle such large projects, in case you've been interested.  But for now, I'm sharing a layout of my visit to Mt. St. Helen as part of a work conference I spoke at last year.  I've been fascinated with the volcano since I was a kid.  I can remember reading in a magazine about 5 years after the eruption about the plants that had started to come back.  I never in a million years thought I would have the chance to visit.  Two weeks after this visit, to the day, I was standing on top of a mountain in Munich.  That's a lot of elevation for this beach girl!

I learned two things about cutting with my Silhouette on this layout:
1.  It sure is cute, but cutting and adhering the outline on "Adventure" is a real pain in the butt!
2.  In order to cut through Authentique cardstock, you have to set your blade to a much higher number than the software suggests.

I used the negative space from some shapes as the main paper and embellishment for this layout.  I love my layers, but I'm really liking the clean feel of this layout.

Volcanic Adventure









Supplies: American Crafts Cardstock; Authentique patterned paper (Brilliance); Basic Grey 6x6 pad (Life of the Party); Making Memories metal tab; Staz On ink (Jet Black); Lily Bee rub on (Domestic Bliss); Scenic Route letter stickers; ki memories buttons; Pink Paislee metal badges (Old School), Baubles (Hometown Summer)


***For 12% off any purchase at Stop and Scrap, use the code FEATHERS***

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...