Monday, November 14, 2011

Bohemia, Bavaria, and Beer, Part V: Bavaria and Castles

Find Part I, Part II, Part III, Part IV

Are you tired of my vacation yet?

Our last day, we took a bus tour to Kin Ludwig's Fantasy Castles, with a short stop in Oberammergau, home of the Passion Play.  The scenery in Bavaria is like a postcard around every turn.


I took as many photos in the one day as I had an any three days before.  Mark made me quit taking pictures of Bavarian cows.
 


We stopped at Linderhoff castle.  It was very small, but gorgeous, especially the gardens.
  
The star of the show was Schloss Neuschwanstein.  Walt Disney based Cinderella's Castle at Walt Disney World on this castle.  See the similarities?

 
The castle was up in the mountains, so instead of a 25 minute climb, we took a horse cart.  I'm from south Alabama.  To me, a mountain is anything over 12 feet high.  This was way more than that.


 




This was my favorite day of the trip.  I can't wait to go back and visit Salzberg and the Romantic Road.


 






          

And finally...Part VI: The Weis'n



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...