Monday, November 21, 2011

Bohemia, Bavaria, and Beer, Part VI: The Weis'n

Find Part I, Part II, Part III, Part IV, Part V

You are probably asking "you were in Munich during Oktoberfest and you didn't go?  And your husband loves beer?  What is wrong with you?"  Don't be silly, of course we went to the Weis'n, and the Munich-ers call it!

All of the major breweries have what we'll loosely call "tents".  I say loosely because these are permanent building that are roughly the size of Congress. You cannot eat or drink in the tents  without a reservation, and you must have a minimum of 10 friends and family to eat and drink with you.

        

 But you can easily get a table outside in the beer garden. They only serve beer in Litres.  Because who would need anything less than a Litre?


And luckily they pipe the oompa band music outside to the beer gardens.


The food is excellent.  If you have the chance to eat homemade warm Bavarian pretzels, I highly recommend it.




The ponies bring in the brew.
 

Its really a very small area that holds very many people.  We were there on a Tuesday afternoon.  I can't imagine what this would look like on a Saturday night.



So that about does it.  I actually took about 1200 pictures.  I'm hoping to have them all edited and printed so I can start scrapping them by my Christmas break.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...