Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Third Saturday in October



Today is my birthday.  Which means it is also the third Saturday in September.  For those of you who don't follow SEC football, this means it is time for the Alabama-Tennessee game.  [My apologies to anyone who is here looking for a scrapbooking related post.  That ain't happening.]

My freshman year at Alabama was marked by 2 football events: Gene Stallings retirement, for which I will never forgive Mal Moore, and Peyton Manning's freshman debut.  For the next 4 years, I endured the DuBose years, loses at homecoming to teams from Saint Mary's School for Blind and Wayward Girls, and loss after loss to Tennessee.

At the time, I thought Payton Manning was the biggest doofus in the world.  Since then I've come to realize he's not only a football genius, but the funniest man on earth.



I puffy red heart Peyton Manning.

But that doesn't make up for how much I dislike Tennessee, as would any good Bama fan, for a lot of reasons.  As Eli Gold once said, UT orange is the perfect color.  It will take you right from the woods deer hunting to picking up trash on the side of the road with the work release program right to the game.

So for my birthday, I wish for a good thrashing of UT by Bama.  Roll Tide.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...