Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Blast from the Past

Does anybody remember the World's Fair?  Once upon a time, they were THE premier events in the world, and they only happened every four years.  Back in 1984, New Orleans hosted the World's Fair, and my parents and I traveled the two hours to visit.  I still have vivid memories of the Fair, and how exotic all the booths of the various countries seemed.

I came across a picture of my dad and I at the Fair in a giant stack of photos from my childhood that I have to scrap.



I have no idea what pavilion it was taken in, or what that car is supposed to be.


Christine Middlecamp had inspired me with her layering techniques, and I'm trying to incorporate that more into my pages.

Supplies used:
Basic Grey: patterned paper, sticker numbers; Making Memories: chipboard shapes, Pink Paislee: chipboard letters; Maya Road: chipboard; Elle's Studio: journaling tag; KI Memories: chipboard shape; Tim Holtz: Grungeboard; Bazzill: cardstock; unknown brand: felt sticker shape; brads

Tools used:
Dew Drop VersaMagic ink; Tim Holtz Distress Stickles; Diamond Glaze

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...