Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Yellow Cardinal



Growing up, my dad loved to feed the birds in our back yard.  He had special seeds and feeders to attract different breeds.  We never imagined he’d attract a bird that looked just like a male cardinal, except it was bright yellow!  I wish I had better pictures of this bird, because nobody believes me when I tell them about it!

I made this layout for the May with May class at Big Picture Classes.

Yellow Cardinal

I really wanted to repeat the bird motif in the lower right of the layout, but I only had 2 of the chipboard shapes.  So I masked off the other openings on the chipboard sheet I punched the birds from, and used it as a mask for Glimmer Mist.  I wish now I had flipped the chipboard so it faced the title, but oh well.


Patterned Paper: Pink Paislee, Jillibean Soup; Tape and Rub-on: 7gyspies; Rub-on and flowers: K & Company; Brad: My Minds Eye; Thickers and letter stickers: American Crafts; Journaling Card: Elle’s Studio; Chipboard shapes: Scenic Route; Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist; Martha Stewart glitter; Unity Stamp; Versamark and Tim Holtz distress inks

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...