Monday, July 25, 2011

Mastering the Machine for the Master of the Grill

Ever since I brought this home, Mark’s been asking for an apron for when he grills.  I still have the bug to learn to sew, and I bought a new machine.  There was a problem with the bobbin on the Goodwill purchase, and the new one was significantly more than $20!  But I’m having a great time with it.

Over the Fourth of July weekend I made my first items: an apron and matching chef’s hat for my very on Grill Master Mark.  He wore them the entire time he grilled and was in the kitchen that weekend.  I didn’t do a great job, and it’s a little big, and the flame fabric runs upside down on the hat, but I was pretty proud of my first try.

I intend on cutting a witty, grill-appropriate saying with my Silhouette for the bib, but I have to order some of their cut-able, fuse-able vinyl.  Use your imagination for now.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...