Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wednesday Accountability: Trying Something New

If you are familiar with Weight Watchers, you know that in the past year or so they revamped their plan to the new PointsPlus © system, which deemphasizes calories and promotes fruits and vegetables.  Ever since I re-joined under the new program, I have struggled to lose any weight.  A little investigating found several complaints, particularly from more petite women with fewer pounds to lose.  Following some suggestions I found, I started double-counting this week using WW and SparkPeople. I’ve noticed a discrepancy between how much WW says I can eat and the calories and fat that I am actually consuming.  And I did lose 1 lb. this week, which is encouraging.  I think I’m going to continue to double track for a couple of weeks and see what happens.

 

Weight today: 139.8 lbs. (-1 lb)

Obstacles: House showings threw us off our routine this week, so we ended up eating out unexpectedly a couple of times.  Mark made a huge pot of spaghetti carbonara, which is not exactly good for you.

 

Upcoming obstacles: Travelling out of town for work for the next 2 weeks.  This presents both an eating and a fitness challenge.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...