Monday, December 20, 2010

Review: The Organized and Inspired Scrapbooker

I was hoping to have this review for you a lot sooner, but I guess the shipment of books to Amazon actually traveled the Amazon, so they were two weeks late shipping it to me.  I never bought the first addition.  At that time, I was just starting out in scrapbooking, and couldn't fathom why somebody would need a book to help them organize their stuff.  After all, I only had some paper, a glue runner, and a sheet of stickers.  What more could any scrapbooker need?

I got really excited when I heard about the second edition.  Timing was perfect since we had just decided to move and I will have my own scrap room instead of just a small area to work with, which I showed you in this post.  I pre-ordered The Organized and Inspired Scrapbooker from Amazon as soon as I could.


Having just finished reading all the chapters and taking the quizzes, I have to say this is a beautiful and well-written book.  I really liked the way the authors lead you through your scrapbooking as a process, not just an activity.  Sure, they help you organize your room, but your stories as well.  Because I don't really know what my scrap space will look like in our new house, since we haven't actually found that house yet, some of the quizzes were difficult for me to complete, but will come in handy later.  

Although this book is filled with gorgeous photos and many ideas, I wish there were a few more photo examples of some of the storage concepts detailed.  I also think that in the future, a discussion of digital photo organization would be beneficial, since a large number of scrapbookers organize their photos this way instead of actual hard-copy prints, whether they are digital scrappers or print on demand.

Overall, I think The Organized and Inspired Scrapbooker lived up to all of the hype.  The quizzes really got me thinking about my process and how I can streamline it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...