Wednesday, December 22, 2010

It's Christmas...Early

I must've been a very good girl this year, because Santa (via Amazon) has visited my house a couple of times already!

First, he brought me an Epson V30 scanner.  My mom gave me hundreds of photos from my childhood, and all of them are stuck to those awful magnetic photo album pages permanently.  The Epson will help me preserve those photos, and complete what will from here on out be known as Project X, on they very far off chance that a family member discover my blog and reveal the surprise.

The other thing helping with these two tasks is the awesome self-paced class by Jessica Sprague  - This Old Photo.  I'm learning how to get rid of that red cast all photos from the 1970's get with age.  Now if I could only figure out how to remove my mom's finger from the bottom of all of those pictures...

Santa visited me again last week with something I've been wanting for a long time now...and upgraded camera! I've outgrown my Pentax K100D, and after saving my pennies and my Amazon gift cards from Swagbucks, and a generous but temporary price drop, I was able to get it - the Pentax K7!


Isn't she beautiful!  Mark has named her Big Bessie.  Now I just need some time to spend learning what all of these new buttons do!  It's already been a very Merry Christmas!

Just a note: I used a website to watch the prices on these two items.  CamelCamelCamel will send you alerts when the price on your watched item drops.  It saved me $100 on my new camera.  I don't get a kickback or anything.  Just trying to share a good way to save.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...