Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Dreaming of a New House…Literally

Mark and I are moving.  Now, we have to do some renovations and replace carpet, so the house isn’t even on the market yet.  But we’re still moving.  We’ve been looking around at new houses, and it’s about all we talk about.  So it’s no surprise that it’s crept into the subliminal.  I’ve been having very vivid dreams lately about buying houses and touring houses.  It's keeping me up at night, and I can’t wait until we find one, hopefully with a room I can devote to my scrap stuff!

Until then, I wanted to capture some of my feelings and memories about our current house.  It’s another layout from the Use Your Stash class.  


This Door

The chipboard letters are from  the Dollar Spot at Target from ages ago, but they were teal striped, so I painted them with Tim Holtz Distress Paint, which sort of flaked off, so I sealed them with Diamond Glaze.  Also, I read somewhere about stamping on cork, so I pulled out a package of Quickutz cork, cut the scalloped circles with the Cuttlebug, and stamped it with Staz-On ink. 

Products used:
JoAnne’s – Kraft Cardstock; Core’dinations – cardstock; MME – patterned paper; Sassafrass – patterned paper; October Afternoon – patterned paper; Target Dollar Spot – chipboard letters, brads; Quickutz – cork; Offray – ribbon; We R Memory Keepers – brads; Karen Foster – brad; Tim Holtz – Distress Paint; Diamond Glaze; Staz-on – Inks

Tools used:
Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug Swiss Dot embossing folder, Nestabilities scalloped circle die

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...