Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Accountability Wednesday: Um....

I know, I know, I haven't been so accountable on Wednesdays lately.  With my crazy travel schedule lately, its been a little difficult to get to these posts.  It's no excuse, I know, but its what I'm going with.  Here's a recap of what's happened since our last episode.

Pre-September 17:
I worked out at least 3 days a week, even while I traveled for work.  I was well on my way to 45 minutes a session on the bike. I listened to the Jillian Michaels podcast and tried to follow her recommendations. I cut my calories to 1200 per day. I ate lean meat, leafy greens, nuts and berries like a good girl for weeks on end, and limited my alcohol consumption. For weeks.  And I lost 1 stinkin' pound.

So I asked my OBGYN.  She offered to give me some medication for diabetes (did not recommend the needed blood tests to go along with that) and that my metabolism is just getting slow due to age -- um, I'm not 36 yet.  And even with a slow metabolism, by my calorie calculations, I should be losing more than 1 pound in a month!

September 17:
Vacation!  Two weeks in Europe will not do good things for your waistline, but boy do they taste good!  I mean, I went to Hungary, people!  Those folks aren't known for their vegetarian fare, if you know what I mean.  We're talking bread, potatoes, noodles, and dumplings.  It's a carb-lover's heaven over there!  Oh, and the beer -- they don't come smaller than one-liter mugs at Oktoberfest.  So, needless to say I put on the little I had taken off in the weeks before.  It's OK - you have to live your life, but now its time to take it off.

Beginning this week, I'm back to eating like a small rabbit and exercising.  In fact, I'm working my way up to walking 5 miles for a local walk for breast cancer, Making Strides Against Breast Cancer (if you want to donate, here's my website).  I will be challenged by 2 more trips coming up for work -- I think that work travel might be the death of me -- but I will keep trying.  I can't help but feel like I'm not getting the best advice from my OBGYN, but I don't know who else to talk to.  I have a sneaking suspicion my birth control pills might be contributing to the tough weight loss.  Anybody have any suggestions?

Current weight: 139.6
Miles walked this week: 3

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...