Monday, July 16, 2012

Incorporating Ephemera

Every time we go on vacation, I come back with tons of maps and tickets and brochures, and I'm always trying to find a way to work them in to my scrapbook pages.  Our tour guide in Budapest gave us this large post card of the Hungarian crown.  I could have slipped it into a 6x12 page protector next to this completed page, but while I was looking at my inspiration page, I realized that the domed shape of the crown mimicked the round center shape, so I replaced the patterned paper with the post card.  I know that its not acid free, and that might not appeal to some people, but my photos are all digital now and backed up in a million places, so I'm not too worried about ruining the prints.  Plus I think it adds to the story.

Crown Jewels








Inspiration

Supplies: Tim Holtz Kraft Resist paper, Distress Ink, alcohol inkAmerican Crafts cardstock, Thickers Cream Soda; Basic Grey Infuse (Extract), Boxer (Slim Fit), rubons, Heritage border sticker; Crafter's Workshop template; Glimmer Mist Chalkboard Ink; Chatter Box alpha stickers; Pink Paislee 6x6 pad; Scenic Route chipboard; VersaMagic Night Sky; KaiserCraft bling and pearl; Studio AE for Technique Tuesday (Are We There Yet?)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...